The Canisius College men’s soccer team wraps up the 2013 season with a home contest against Monmouth. The Senior Night contest is slated to start at 7 p.m. on Saturday at the Demske Sports Complex.
• Saturday’s game will mark the final contest for seven members of the Canisius College program.
• Ryan Arvin, Brandon Carnovale, Paul Dhaliwal, Will Hudson, Andrew Incho, Justin Montero and Zack Schwartz will all be appearing in their final home game at the Demske Sports Complex.
• The seven players have appeared in 188 games with 42 points, 16 goals, 10 assists and 95 saves during their careers.
ARVIN SET TO GO OUT ON TOP
• For senior Ryan Arvin, he is set to go down as one of the top goalkeepers in the program’s history.
• Arvin currently owns a 1.25 goals against average during his career, the best mark in the program’s history. Adam Sleyzak owns the current record of 1.43 (2003-05).
• In addition, Arvin’s 1.18 goals against average in 2013 is also the second-best mark in the school’s record book. Matt Houghton holds the top mark of 1.10, set during the 2006 campaign.
CANISIUS – MONMOUTH SERIES HISTORY
• The Griffs and Hawks are meeting for the first time in men’s soccer.
• Monmouth in its first year in the MAAC.
ABOUT THE HAWKS
• Monmouth is 8-5-4 overall this season and 7-0-1 in MAAC play. The Hawks have clinched at least a share of the conference regular-season title and need only a tie to win it outright.
• The Hawks are unbeaten in their last nine games.
• Jacob Rubinstein leads Monmouth with nine points and four goals this season.
• Francois Navarro and Joseph Schmid lead the Hawks with three assists.
• Eric Klenofsky has seen a majority of time in goal and owns a 7-0-2 record to go along with a 0.20 goals against average and .909 save percentage.
Menís Soccer Hosts Monmouth on Senior Night
Courtesy: Canisius College Athletics