Canisius (6-5, 2-1 MAAC) at Siena (3-8, 1-1 MAAC)
When: Wednesday, April 9
Time: 3 p.m.
Live Stats: Available through GoGriffs.com
Scouting the Griffs
• The Griffs improved to 2-1 in league play with a 23-15 win over Quinnipiac on Sunday.
• The Offensive outburst tied the second-most goals scored in program history.
• It was also the fourth game this season that the Griffs have scored 18 or more times, tying the most in program history.
• The Griffs had five players – senior midfielder Maria Kotas (8), junior attackers Tori Quinn (4) and Meghan Cuddy (4), sophomore attacker Taylor Giglio (4) and sophomore midfielder Ashley Bull (3) record three or more goals in the game, the first time that’s happened in program history.
Kotas’ Record Breaker
• Maria Kotas led the Griffs’ in Sunday’s contest, racking up a school-record 14 points.
• The senior’s points tied her for fourth most in NCAA history for points in a game, and were the most points scored by anyone at the Division I level since 2007.
• Kotas notched eight goals in the contest, which tied the school record.
• The Lancaster, N.Y. native earned MAAC Offensive Player of the Week for her performance.
Quinn’s Quest for 100 goals
• Tori Quinn is five goals shy of the century mark.
• She has 95 goals in 49 games as Griff and is on pace to become the second-fastest player to reach 100 goals in program history.
• Quinn would become the eighth member of the 100-goals club in Canisius history.
Scouting the Saints
• Siena enters Wednesday’s contest 1-1 in MAAC play, having won its most recent contest, a 12-7 win over Manhattan.
• The Saints average 9.27 goals per game, while allowing 12.82.
• Sarah Croutier leads Siena offensively with a team-high 31 points and 23 goals.
• Samantha DePasquale has gotten every start in net for the Saints, posting a .436 save percentage on the season with 92 saves and a 12.71 goals against average.
• This is the 18th meeting between the two programs with Canisius holding an 11-6 advantage over Siena.
• The Griffs have won the last eight meetings.
• The teams last met on May 3, 2013 in the MAAC Semifinal. The Griffs took the contest 14-7.
• Quinn notched five points on two goals and three assists, while Kotas scored two goals and added two assists. Cuddy scored three goals as well and junior attacker Whitley Perry added one.
• Junior goaltender Kayla Scully played all 60 minutes, making seven saves.