JONES NEARS CENTURY CLUB
• Senior Adam Jones is about to join an exclusive club at Canisius.
• Jones has netted 97 career goals and is just three scores shy of becoming the sixth player in school history with 100 career tallies.
• The senior, who became the 15th player in school history to record his 100th career point last season, is currently tied for 10th in the program's record book with 128 points.
• The MAAC Preseason Player of the Year, Jones has recorded three points on a goal and two assists during his senior campaign.
VETERAN LEADERSHIP IN GOAL
• Junior goalkeeper Sean Callahan provides the Griffs with some rare experience in goal and Canisius is hoping it pays off in 2011.
• Callahan started 12-of-13 games in goal last season and is the first starting goaltender to return for the Griffs since the 2007 campaign.
• The experience is already paying off as Callahan matched his career high in saves last Saturday with 13 stops at Harvard in a narrow 9-7 defeat.
LoCOCO CLOSES IN ON SCHOOL'S ASSISTS RECORD
• Senior Nick LoCoco is quickly approaching the school's all-time assists record.
• LoCoco has accumulated 78 career helpers, tied for the third most in the school's history.
• The senior trails head coach Randy Mearns for first in the program's record book by 17. Mearns recorded 95 assists from 1990 to 1992.
• In two games as a senior, LoCoco has recorded two assists.
A BLAST FROM THE PAST
• In the Griffs' latest game at Harvard, senior Greg Michael showed the ability to put points on the board, which he flashed during his freshman campaign.
• Michael, who placed third among rookies in scoring during the 2008 season (behind All-MAAC selections Adam Jones and Nick LoCoco), led Canisius with three points and two goals against the Crimson.
• His three points and two goals were his highest totals since recording four points and three goals against Wagner in 2008.
• Michael is currently tied for the team lead in points and leads all Griffs in goals.
CANISIUS - BINGHAMTON SERIES HISTORY
• The Griffs and Bearcats are meeting for the first time in men's lacrosse.
• Canisius is 0-9 all-time against current members of the America East conference.
ABOUT THE BEARCATS
• Binghamton has lost its first three games of the 2011 season, falling to Penn State (9-7), Lafayette (12-6) and No. 6 Cornell (13-4).
• Matt Springer has led the Bearcats early in the season, recording a team-best eight points and seven goals.
• Tyler Perrelle ranks second on the team with five points, scoring two goals and posting a team-best three assists.
• Jordan Marra has seen a majority of time in goal this season, posting a .404 save percentage and a 13.03 goals against average.
• The Bearcats have struggled at the faceoff X this season, winning only 30.5 percent of its restarts.