LoCOCO FINDING HIS RHYTHM
• After an injury-plagued junior campaign, senior Nick LoCoco is starting to find his rhythm.
• LoCoco recorded a point on more than half of the team's goal in Saturday's contest against Binghamton, posting two goals and two assists.
• The four-point game was the first for LoCoco since April 25, 2009 when he registered seven points in the season finale against VMI.
• LoCoco, who was limited for most of his junior season due to an injury, is now tied for the team lead with six points in 2011, recording two goals and four assists
LoCOCO CLOSES IN ON SCHOOL'S ASSISTS RECORD
• The reason behind senior Nick LoCoco's success at Canisius is due to his ability to find the open man.
• LoCoco has accumulated 80 career helpers, the third most in the school's history.
• The senior trails head coach Randy Mearns for first in the program's record book by 15. Mearns recorded 95 assists from 1990 to 1992.
• In the first three games of his senior campaign, LoCoco has recorded four assists.
JONES NEARS CENTURY CLUB
• Senior Adam Jones is about to join an exclusive club at Canisius.
• Jones has netted 98 career goals and is just two scores shy of becoming the sixth player in school history with 100 career tallies.
• The senior, who became the 15th player in school history to record his 100th career point last season, ranks 10th in the program's record book with 129 points.
• The MAAC Preseason Player of the Year, Jones has recorded four points on a pair of goals and two assists during his senior campaign.
A BLAST FROM THE PAST
• Senior Greg Michael has shown the ability to put points on the board early during his senior season, something he first flashed during his freshman campaign.
• Michael, who placed third among rookies in scoring during the 2008 season (behind All-MAAC selections Adam Jones and Nick LoCoco), is currently tied for the team lead with six points and three goals.
• He has twice recorded three points in a game this season, his highest total since recording four points against Wagner in 2008.
• After recording 12 points as a rookie (9g, 3a), he totaled only two goals in his next two years.
CANISIUS - CORNELL SERIES HISTORY
• The Griffs and Big Red are meeting for the eighth time and for the fourth-consecutive season.
• Cornell has won all seven previous meetings.
• Last season, the teams met for the first time at the Demske Sports Complex. Cornell won the closest meeting between the two New York schools, 9-6.
• Adam Jones led the Griffs with four points and three goals in the defeat, while Sean Callahan recorded 12 saves to anchor the Canisius defense.
ABOUT THE BIG RED
• Cornell enters Wednesday's game with a 2-1 record, falling to Army, 11-9, in its most recent contest. The Big Red also owns victories against Hobart and Binghamton.
• The Big Red are currently ranked 14th in the USILA poll.
• Rob Pannell leads Cornell with 17 points after three games, scoring eight goals to go along with nine assists. Roy Lang is second on the team with six points (4g, 2a).
• AJ Fiore has started all three games in goal this season, posting a goals against average of 7.78 and a save percentage of .474.