CANISIUS IN MAAC OPENERS
• The Griffs are looking to jump out to a fast start in conference play.
• Canisius is 8-7 all-time in its conference opener, including a 4-2 mark when starting MAAC play at home. The Griffs have not opened against a conference foe at the Demske Sports Complex since the 2005 campaign.
• The Griffs have lost their last two MAAC openers, falling to Marist in 2009 and to eventual champion Mount St. Mary's in 2010.
• The last time the Griffs won their first conference game was in 2008 en route to the MAAC regular season and postseason titles.
COATES ANCHORS THE CANISIUS DEFENSE
• Captain Dan Coates has continued to lead the Canisius defense during his senior year.
• Coates leads the Griffs with 19 ground balls and eight caused turnovers.
• The senior currently ranks second in the MAAC and 14th nationally with 2.00 caused turnovers per game.
• Coates also places fourth in the conference and leads all defenders in the MAAC with 4.75 ground balls per game.
JONES NEARS CENTURY CLUB
• Senior Adam Jones is about to join an exclusive club at Canisius.
• Jones has netted 98 career goals and is just two scores shy of becoming the sixth player in school history with 100 career tallies.
• The senior, who became the 15th player in school history to record his 100th career point last season, ranks 10th in the program's record book with 129 points.
• The MAAC Preseason Player of the Year, Jones would become the ninth active player in Division I to reach the 100-goal mark.
CANISIUS - JACKSONVILLE SERIES HISTORY
• The Griffs and the Dolphins are meeting for the first time in lacrosse.
• Jacksonville is in its second season as a Division I lacrosse member and its first in the MAAC.
• Canisius has faced current Dolphins head coach Matt Kerwick on four occasions, when he led Hobart. The Statesmen defeated the Griffs in all four meetings.
ABOUT THE DOLPHINS
• Jacksonville has started the season with a 2-4 record in 2011.
• The Dolphins are led offensively by Max Gurowski and Bobby Stockton. Gurowski has recorded a team-best 16 points and 12 assists to go along with four goals, while Stockton has netted a team-leading 12 goals during the season.
• Peter DeLuca has started all six games in net for the Dolphins. He has posted a goals against average of 12.75 and a save percentage of .528.