GIOURMETAKIS TAKES SCORING LEAD
• With Adam Jones out of the lineup, junior attackman Simon Giourmetakis has taken the lead role in the Canisius offense.
• In the two games that Jones has missed, Giourmetakis has eight points, six goals and two assists against No. 14 Cornell and Jacksonville. In his latest game against the Dolphins, the junior set career highs with five points and four goals.
• During the 2011 campaign, Giourmetakis leads the team with 12 points and nine goals. He currently ranks fourth in the MAAC with 1.80 goals per game.
ON THE MARK
• The reason for Simon Giourmetakis' success early in 2011 is due to his ability to take advantage of his opportunities.
• Giourmetakis leads the Griffs with nine goals this season, scoring on just 15 shots.
• The junior currently leads the MAAC and ranks third nationally by making 60.0 percent of his shots. He is one of only seven players in the country converting more than half his shots this season.
COATES ANCHORS THE CANISIUS DEFENSE
• Captain Dan Coates has continued to lead the Canisius defense during his senior year.
• Coates leads the Griffs with 26 ground balls and eight caused turnovers.
• The senior currently ranks second in the MAAC and 13th nationally with 2.00 caused turnovers per game.
• Coates also places fourth in the conference and leads all defenders in the MAAC with 5.20 ground balls per game, which also ranks 22nd in the country.
INJURY BUG HITS THE GRIFFS ONCE AGAIN
• Adam Jones and Nick LoCoco entered Canisius in 2008 and immediately led the Griffs to a conference title as freshmen, making the future look bright for Canisius.
• However, during the past two seasons, the two standouts have rarely been healthy at the same time.
• LoCoco played in only nine games as a junior and was limited for most of the season. Jones, who also battled through an injury in 2010, is currently out of the lineup with a knee injury.
• Since arriving at Canisius, the two have combined for 237 points, 126 goals and 111 assists in 77 career games.
CANISIUS - HOBART SERIES HISTORY
• In 11 all-time meetings between the two New York State schools, Hobart holds a 10-1 edge against the Griffs.
• Last season, Canisius earned its first victory against the Statesmen, posting an 8-7 win in overtime in Buffalo.
• Adam Jones led the Griffs with three points (2g, 1a), while Simon Giourmetakis scored an unassisted goal 1:09 into OT for the win.
• Canisius is 0-6 all-time at Hobart. It's closest defeat was an 11-10 setback in 2007.
ABOUT THE STATESMEN
• Hobart enters the contest with a 2-4 record, coming off a 5-4 victory against Bryant on Saturday.
• Sam Miller leads the Statesmen with 14 points, scoring a team-best 12 goals to go along with a pair of helpers.
• Chris Pederson ranks second with 10 points and is tied for the team lead with four assists.
• Evan Kirk has started all six games in goal, posting a 10.25 gaa and .512 save percentage.
• Bobby Dattilo has controlled the faceoff X this season, winning 63.9 percen