LoCOCO LEADS GRIFFS TO VICTORY
• Senior Nick LoCoco registered his most productive game in nearly two seasons to lead the Griffs to victory on Saturday at VMI.
• LoCoco recorded seven points on two goals and five assists in the 13-9 win. His seven points are the most by a Griff since he recorded seven points on April 25, 2009.
• The senior now has 17 points on eight goals and a team-leading nine assists this season.
LoCOCO CLOSES IN ON SCHOOL'S ASSISTS RECORD
• The reason behind senior Nick LoCoco's success at Canisius is due to his ability to find the open man.
• LoCoco has accumulated 85 career helpers, the second most in the school's history.
• The senior trails head coach Randy Mearns for first in the program's record book by 10. Mearns recorded 95 assists from 1990 to 1992.
• LoCoco leads the team with nine assists this season to go along with eight goals.
STRONG DEFENSIVE EFFORTS EQUALS VICTORIES
• After a rough 0-6 start to the season, Canisius has turned toward its defense and the unit has helped the Griffs to two-straight victories.
• The Griffs allowed double-digit goals in five of their first six games but the defense has clamped down in the last two contests, allowing an average of seven goals.
• Junior goaltender Sean Callahan has anchored the turnaround, which includes a career-best 14-save performance in a 7-5 victory against Marist.
• In MAAC games this season, Callahan leads the conference with an 8.67 goals against average and ranks second with a .561 save percentage.
• The Canisius man-down unit has led the Griffs' defensive excellence as of late.
• Canisius has allowed only man-up goal in the team's last four games, successfully killing off 93.8 percent of its opponents' extra-man chances.
• In the Griffs first victory of the season, a 7-5 win against Marist, Canisius killed all eight of the Red Foxes' extra-man opportunities. It is the best single-game performance for the Griffs while a man down since killing 10 Manhattan man-up chances on March 20, 2004.
• During the 2011 season, Canisius owns a penalty kill unit of .727, which ranks 19th in the country.
CANISIUS - ROBERT MORRIS SERIES HISTORY
• In a series that dates back to 2005, the Griffs hold a 5-1 edge in six meetings against Robert Morris.
• The Griffs won the first five games of the series and are 3-0 at the Demske Sports Complex against Robert Morris.
• The Colonials won their only game in the series last season, defeating Canisius, 17-11, in Moon Township. Adam Jones led the Griffs with four points in the defeat.
ABOUT THE COLONIALS
• Robert Morris has lost its last two games after recording a four-game winning streak and is now 5-5 during the 2011 campaign.
• Trevor Moore leads the team with 37 points, scoring 29 goals to go along with eight assists.
• Patrick Smith ranks second on the team with 27 points (19g, 8a), while Kevin Brownell leads the squad with 12 assists.
• Charles Ruppert has started all five games in goal for the Colonials, posting a save percentage of .514 and a goals against average of 10.70.