SENIOR DAY CELEBRATION
• Prior to Saturday's contest, Canisius will honor its nine seniors, who are playing in their final regular season game at the Demske Sports Complex.
• The nine Golden Griffin seniors - Graham Bergsma, Drew Caldiero, Dan Coates, Adam Jones, Nick LoCoco, James McCready, Greg Michael, Mike Rautenstrauch and Tom VIvian - have combined to play in 342 career games, collecting 326 points, 180 goals, 146 assists, 393 ground balls and 108 caused turnovers.
• The class was also a key part of the Griffs' 2008 MAAC Championship team.
CALLAHAN PICKS UP HIS GAME
• Junior netminder Sean Callahan has played his best lacrosse as of late.
• Callahan has recorded at least 10 saves in each of his last four games. He is the first Canisius goaltender to record double-digit saves in four-straight games since Tom Kucharczak accomplished the feat in six-consecutive games from March 20, 2004 to April 17, 2004.
• In MAAC contests this season, Callahan ranks second in the conference with a goals against average of 8.92 and third with a save percentage of .544.
GIOURMETAKIS TAKES SCORING LEAD
• With Adam Jones out of the lineup, junior attackman Simon Giourmetakis has taken the lead role in the Canisius offense.
• In the seven games without Jones, Giourmetakis has 24 points, 16 goals and eight assists.
• As a junior, Giourmetakis leads the team with 28 points, 19 goals and nine assists.
• Giourmetakis currently ranks fifth in the MAAC with 1.90 goals per game and sixth with 2.80 points per game. In conference games only, he leads the MAAC with 3.25 goals per game and 4.50 points per game, while placing third with 1.25 assists per game.
ON THE MARK
• The secret for Simon Giourmetakis' success in 2011 is due to his ability to take advantage of his opportunities.
• Giourmetakis leads the Griffs with 19 goals this season, scoring on just 38 shots.
• The junior is currently tied for first in the country by making 50.0 percent of his shots this season.
• Saturday's game will feature two of the nation's top shooters as Siena's Bryan Neufeld is also one of the three players with a .500 shooting percentage.
LoCOCO CLOSES IN ON SCHOOL'S ASSISTS RECORD
• The reason behind senior Nick LoCoco's success at Canisius is due to his ability to find the open man.
• LoCoco has accumulated 87 career helpers, the second most in the school's history.
• The senior now trails only current head coach Randy Mearns for first in the program's record book by eight. Mearns recorded 95 assists from 1990 to 1992.
• LoCoco leads the team with 11 assists this season to go along with nine goals.
CANISIUS - SIENA SERIES HISTORY
• The Griffs and the Saints have met 21 prior times. Canisius has played Siena more than any other school in the program's history.
• Canisius holds a convincing 17-4 edge in the all-time series but Siena has won three of the last four meetings.
• Last season, Siena won its first game at Canisius, earning a 4-2 victory. The match was the lowest-scoring game for either team in their program's history.
• The Griffs last defeated the Saints in 2008, winning a thrilling 10-9 overtime contest en route to the conference championship.
ABOUT THE SAINTS
• Siena enters the weekend with a 9-3 mark and winners of eight of its last nine games.
• The Saints are also 3-1 in MAAC play this season and are currently in second place.
• Bryan Neufeld leads Siena with 40 points in 2011, scoring 26 goals to go along with 14 assists. Chris Roth (22g, 10a) and Danny Martinsen (19g, 13a) rank second on the team with 32 points.
• Tom Morr has started all 12 games in goal for the Saints this season, anchoring a strong defensive unit. Morr has posted a goals against average of 9.02 and a save percentage of .596.