SENIOR DAY CELEBRATION
• Prior to Saturday's game, the Griffs will honor their 16 seniors - Mike Albert, Mike Allaire, Brandon Bortignon, Sean Callahan, Nico Capron, Jon Domres, Travis Gibbons, Simon Giourmetakis, Joe Greenwald, Jimmy Haney, Justin Maderer, Brendan Murphy, Brendan O'Hagan, Ryan O'Hagan and Christian Quinn.
• The 16 seniors have appeared in 485 games with 185 starting assignments, totaling 249 points, 175 goals, 74 assists, 393 ground balls, 147 caused turnovers and 291 saves.
GIOURMETAKIS NEARING CENTURY MARK
• Senior Simon Giourmetakis is approaching membership in an exclusive club.
• Giourmetakis has recorded 99 career points and is just one point shy of becoming the 17th player in the program's history with 100 career points.
• The senior has recorded 68 goals and 31 assists during his career. He currently ranks 15th in the school's record book with 68 career goals.
• Giourmetakis leads the Griffs with 32 points and 25 goals during the 2012 campaign.
GIOURMETAKIS RANKS AMONG THE NATION'S BEST
• While Simon Giourmetakis is approaching a career milestone, he has also placed himself among the best in the country this season.
• Giourmetakis ranks seventh nationally and first in the MAAC with 2.78 goals per game. He also places third in the MAAC and 23rd nationally with 3.56 points per game.
• The senior also leads all players in MAAC games this season with 3.25 goals per game and ranks third with 4.00 points per game.
CANISIUS - VMI SERIES HISTORY
• The Griffs and Keydets are playing for the 15th time. Canisius holds a 10-4 advantage in the all-time series.
• Canisius has won eight of the last nine games in the series, which includes the 2008 MAAC Championship where the Griffs earned a 14-5 victory.
• The Griffs are 3-3 against VMI in Buffalo. The Keydets earned a 12-11 win in their last trip to New York, ending Canisius' three-game home winning streak in the series.
• Last season, Canisius earned a 13-9 victory in Lexington. Nick LoCoco led the Griffs with seven points (2g, 5a), while Greg Michael netted a team-best four goals.
ABOUT THE KEYDETS
• VMI enters the weekend with a 3-9 overall record and is tied with Canisius and Manhattan for fifth in the conference standings with a 1-3 mark.
• The Keydets have won their last two games, earning a 9-7 win over Manhattan and a 14-4 victory against Mercer.
• Keith Long leads VMI with 35 points on 18 goals and a team-best 17 assists. Drew Leonard has netted a team-high 21 goals for the Keydets this season.
• The Keydets feature one of the top faceoff players in the country in 2012 in Stephen Robarge. He leads VMI with a .654 faceoff percentage, while collecting a team-best 8.75 ground balls per game.
• Three goalies have played in at least four games this season. Matt Lindemann owns a 2-3 record (9.85 gaa, .612 save pct.), J Rice is 1-2 (10.90, .439) and Kelly Mcminn is 0-4 (14.99, .504).