Canisius (5-5, 1-1 MAAC) at Quinnipiac (1-8, 1-1 MAAC)
When: Sunday, April 6
Where: QU Lacrosse Turf Field – Hamden, Conn.
Live Stats: Available through gogriffs.com
Twitter: @GoGriffs/ @CanisiusWLAX
Scouting the Griffs
• Canisius is coming off its first league loss in nearly two seasons after falling to Marist 10-9 on Wednesday.
• Sloppy play cost the Griffs, as they committed 20 turnovers against the Red Foxes, the most Canisius has made against a MAAC opponent since April 25, 2010 a 17-14 win over Manhattan.
• The Griffs enter the Sunday’s game averaging 11.8 goals per game. Canisius is 5-1 when scoring 11 goals or more this season.
Need to Get a Good Start
• In Canisius’ five losses this season, the Griffs have been trailing at halftime in each contest.
• The Blue and Gold has been outshot by 4.67 in the first half of each of its last three losses.
• Canisius is 0-5 when trailing at the break, 4-0 when leading at the break and 1-0 when the Griffs enter halftime tied with their opponent.
Scouting the Bobcats
• Quinnipiac enters Sunday’s contest 1-8, with its lone win being a 12-11 win over Manhattan.
• The Bobcats are coming off a 10-9 loss to Monmouth on Wednesday.
• Kyra Ochwat leads Quinnipiac offensively, with 33 points on the season, 22 more than Michaela Tinsley who is second on the team.
• Samantha Tilts has played all but six minutes in net for the Bobcats, holding a .421 save percentage while surrendering 14.04 goals per game.
• This is the first meeting with Quinnipiac since 2002.
• The Griffs are 0-3 all-time against the Bobcats.
• The last meeting between the two programs was on March 30, 2002, when Canisius fell 12-6.