Canisius (0-2, 0-0 MAAC) at Colgate (0-2, 0-0 Patriot)
Date: Tuesday, Feb. 25
Time: 4 p.m.
Where: Hamilton, N.Y.
The Canisius College women’s lacrosse team has moved Tuesday’s contest at Colgate University, the team announced on Monday. It’ll mark the third consecutive road contest for the Griffs.
Scouting the Griffs
• Canisius dropped to 0-2 on the season after falling the No. 1 North Carolina on Wednesday.
• The Griffs have played each of the nation’s top-two teams to open the season after falling to No. 2 Syracuse in the season opener on Sunday, Feb. 16.
• Canisius also started 0-2 in 2013 and went on to win 14 of its final 17 games and a third-straight MAAC Championship.
• The Griffs have been led offensively by junior attack Meghan Cuddy, who has scored a team-high four goals thus far.
New Faces in the Midfield Stepping Up
• One of Canisius’ biggest concerns coming into the season was replacing All-MAAC midfielders Lindsey Morgan and Morgan Leonard, who both graduated in 2013.
• Senior Maria Kotas and Cuddy are the only returning Griffs to start more than two contests at midfield last year, and Cuddy has since been moved to attack.
• Sophomore Ashley Bull has recorded two assists, five ground balls, three caused turnovers and two draw controls in the Griffs’ two contests, while junior Tori Greco had her first career multi-goal game against North Carolina.
Scouting the Raiders
• Colgate enters Tuesday’s matchup 0-2, with losses to Vermont and Hofstra.
• The Raiders are led offensively by Megan Ark. Her eight points and six goals are both team highs.
• Goalie Jennie Berglin anchors the Colgate defense, averaging 12.5 saves per game on the year.
• This will be the second meeting between the two programs, with Canisius winning the lone prior meeting 13-5 in 2012.
• Junior attacker Tori Quinn netted a team-high three goals in the contest, with Kotas, Greco and junior attack Whitley Perry also recording goals in that contest.
• Junior Kayla Scully started in net for Canisius and made a career-high 12 saves.