Canisius at Duquesne
When: Wed., March 19
Time: 4 p.m.
Where: Pittsburgh, Pa.
Live Stats: Available through GoGriffs.com
Scouting the Griffs
• Canisius sits at 3-3 on the season, after beating Binghamton 19-10 on Monday.
• Monday’s contest was the largest offensive output for the Griffs since a 21-6 win over LIU Brooklyn on March 14, 2013.
• Sophomore attack Taylor Giglio recorded eight points in the contest (four goals and four assists), marking the most points from a Griff since Carly Quinn tied a school record with 10 against Niagara on April 6, 2012
• The Griffs are hitting the road for the first time since taking on Colgate Feb. 25.
• This also marks Canisius’ third game in five days.
• Senior midfielder Maria Kotas currently ranks first in the nation in caused turnovers per game at 3.4 per contest.
• The Lancaster, N.Y. native has two contests with five caused turnovers this season.
• In addition to her team-high 18 caused turnovers, Kotas also leads the Griffs with 19 draw controls and 19 ground balls. She also ranks third in goals (11), points (15) and assists (4).
Noting the Dukes
• Duquesne enters the contest at 5-1, with its only loss coming to No. 10 Penn State.
• The Dukes are averaging 15.67 goals per game, and have six players with double-digit points on the season.
• Amanda Kiddler leads Duquesne offensively, with a team-high 24 goals.
• Kristen Gregory has started all-six games in net, allowing just 7.17 goals per game with 29 saves.
• The Griffs and Dukes have met nine times previously in program history, with Canisius holding a 2-7 record all-time vs. Duquesne.
• The last three contests have been decided by four goals combined, with the Griffs taking two of those.
• The teams last met on March 17, 2013, with Canisius winning 11-9 in OT.
• Junior attack Tori Quinn scored a career-high six goals in that contest, while Kotas chipped in two goals and two assists.
• Junior goaltender Kayla Scully got the start in net with eight saves.