The Canisius College women’s soccer is set to square off in the 42nd matchup with long-time rival Niagara on Wednesday night in the annual Battle of the Bridge game.
Battle of the Bridge Rivalry
• This contest is worth more than the average MAAC contest as it’s also worth two points in the Battle of the Bridge.
• The Battle of the Bridge is an all-sports competition between the two schools, with the winner being awarded the Canal Cup.
• Canisius has won the last three titles.
• Senior goalkeeper Megan Tock is currently ranked seventh in the country in total saves with 71.
• She’s ranked 21st in saves per game with 6.64.
• Tock has four games with eight saves or more this season.
• The Purple Eagles are led offensively by Breanna Catipovic, who has a team-high six goals on the season.
• Catherine Meyer is second on the team with six points, four of those coming by way of assists.
• Clare Feiertag has played 10 contests in net for Niagara. She has a .746 save percentage and a 1.66 GAA.
• The Griffs have played the Purple Eagles more than any other school in program history, having met 41 times prior.
• Canisius is 16-21-2 all-time against Niagara.
• The teams tied 2-2 in the last meeting on Oct. 27. 2012.
Kickoff is slated for 7 p.m.