MAAC Tournament Quarterfinal
No. 9 Canisius vs. No. 1 Monmouth
When: Friday, 2:15 p.m.
Where: ESPN’s Wide World of Sports Complex, Lake Buena Vista, Fla.
Live Stats: GoGriffs.com
Griffin’s Been Golden
• After playing the first 18 games of the season without recording a goal, senior midfielder Katie Griffin has three in the last two-games.
• Two of those goals have been game-winners.
We’re Going Streaking!
• Canisius enters the contest riding a three-game winning streak.
• The run ties the longest winning streak since the 2010 season.
• The Griffs have won each game by one goal.
• The team is outshooting its opponents 47 to 35 during the streak.
Scouting the Hawks
• Monmouth is undefeated in MAAC play this season with a record of 8-0-2. They are 14-1-2 overall this season.
• The Hawks have only allowed two goals all season in MAAC play – one was to the Griffs.
• They’re led offensively by Alexis McTamney, who’s scored 9 goals this season and has 23 points. Dana Costello is also an offensive weapon for the Hawks as she ranks second with 21 points (six goals, nine assists).
• Five different Hawks have 10 or more points this season.
• Ashley Lewis has started 15 games in net for Monmouth. She’s allowed just six goals this season and has a .860 save percentage.
• The Hawks and Griffs have only met three times in program history.
• The Hawks own the all time series 3-0-0.
• This season’s matchup (Sept. 28) was the first time the programs had met since 1986.
Last Time They Met
• The Hawks took the game 2-1.
• Monmouth’s Monique Plescia got scoring underway with a 17th minute goal.
• Griffs’ senior forward Brianna Smith netted the equalizer in the 28th minute.
• McTamney scored the game winner in the 47th minute.
• Canisius senior goalkeeper Megan Tock made 10 saves in the loss.
The action gets underway at 2:15 p.m.