SCOUTING THE GRIFFS
• Canisius enters the game with a 1-7 record with a 1-1 mark in MAAC play.
• Sophomore Tim Edwards leads the team with 25 points and 15 assists this season, while freshman Vince Gravino ranks second with 22 points, scoring a team-best 15 goals.
• Sophomore netminder Alex Govenettio has started 7-of-8 games in goal for Canisius, posting an 12.01 goals against average and .453 save percentage.
• Senior Mike Moran leads the Griffs in faceoffs, winning 57.1 percent of restarts (76-of-133).
• The matchup between the New York State foes on Saturday also pits the two dominant schools in the MAAC as of late.
• Canisius and Siena have combined to win four of the last five MAAC titles with the Griffs taking the 2008 and 2012 crowns and the Saints winning in 2009 and 2011. Both schools had zero titles before the 2008 campaign.
• In fact, Canisius and Siena are the only schools active in the MAAC to win a conference title since the 2006 season. In addition, one of the two teams have won or shared each of the regular-season MAAC titles since the 2006 season.
A MIDDIE AT THE TOP
• Sophomore Tim Edwards has taken the lead on the Canisius offense this season.
• Edwards has recorded a team-best 25 points this year, scoring 10 goals to go along with a team-best 15 assists.
• The sophomore currently ranks third in the MAAC with 3.12 points per game. Edwards also places ninth nationally among midfielders in points per game.
LENDING A HELPING HAND
• One of the keys for Tim Edwards during his career is his ability to find the open man.
• Edwards leads the Griffs with 15 assists this season, more than double of second.
• The sophomore places second in the MAAC and 21st nationally with 1.88 assists per game. He ranks fifth in the country among midfielders.
• Edwards also led the Griffs with 19 assists last season en route to a MAAC Championship.
CANISIUS - SIENA SERIES HISTORY
• The Griffs and Saints have met 24 prior times. Canisius has played Siena more than any other school in the program’s history.
• Canisius holds an 18-6 edge in the all-time series against the Saints.
• Last season, the schools split two games. Siena cruised to a 14-2 win in Loudonville in the regular season before Canisius earned a 10-9 win in the MAAC Championship.
• In the title-game win, Canisius outscored Siena 4-0 in the second half for the 10-9 win.
• The win for Canisius in the conference tournament ended a four-game losing streak in the series.
ABOUT THE SAINTS
• Siena enters the game with a 3-7 record and is 1-1 in MAAC play.
• The Saints have won two of their last three games, posting a 13-11 win over Providence on March 23 and earning their first MAAC win of the season last Saturday, 11-8 against Manhattan.
• Conor Prunty leads the Saints with 28 points on 19 goals and nine assists in 10 games.
• Nate Barry ranks second on the team with 26 points, including a team-best 15 assists, while Colin Clive and Kyle Curry are second the team with 16 goals.
• Matt Sharp has started all 10 games in net for Siena, posting a 12.63 goals against average and .514 save percentage.
• Casey Dowd has led the Saints at the faceoff X, winning 54.0 percent of restarts.