Canisius College Department of Athletics Mission Statement
Consistent with the Jesuit philosophy of education and the mission of the College, the Canisius College intercollegiate athletics program strives for excellence in academics, athletics, leadership and service to others while embracing the principles of good sportsmanship, ethical conduct and equity in opportunity.
In pursuing this mission the Department of Athletics subscribes to established core values through which all stakeholders of the program ensure that we will:
- Understand that our student-athletes are central to our primary purpose and as such, their well being and successful graduation from the college are expected.
- Continually recruit student athletes that will enhance our program by representing the College with distinction.
- Tirelessly prepare for and compete in each contest with the expectation of winning.
- Expect the highest levels of sportsmanship and personal integrity from all participants.
- Strive to provide a leadership role in the College’s service to the Western New York community.
- Embrace equal opportunity for all participants in a culturally diverse community.
- Provide a positive educational and athletic experience for our student-athletes and alumni that will create a passion for a commitment to the college and engender a lifetime of support for our Golden Griffins.
EXPECT TO WIN!